Monday, September 5

Favourite DRUGSTORE Lip Options / Kate Moss Lipstick Review

For me, personally I don't really tend to bother with drugstore/ high street lip products. I'm not sure wether thats because I have FAR too many MAC lipsticks or I've just never bothered looking through all the stands. 

Recently I have been taking the time to find the hidden gems and thought I'd share them with you so they don't go unnoticed any longer.



First off is the Rimmel x Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade 56 Boho Nude. I swatched this and literally couldn't get it out of my mind so had to go back for it- I really do love this. This is my first Rimmel lipstick and I'm definitely going to be trying more! The formula of this is so creamy and pigmented yet still being long lasting. What caught my eye was the actual colour of the lipstick, anyone who knows me knows that my favourite ever lipstick is MAC's Half N Half and this is pretty much an exact dupe. The great thing is this is half of the price of a MAC lipstick! The colour of the actual packaging just makes it 10x better too as its this gorgeous rosey gold colour. 



I also love the Freedom Pro Melts Lipgloss in the shade D-ream which I never hear anything about! This is called a lipgloss however it dries down so I just call it a liquid lipstick. It stays all day and doesn't crack or flake off which is just a godsend if I'm at uni! The colour range of these is also amazing so if you don't like this shade I'd definitely have a look at what else they have to offer!

A new purchase of mine but definitely a key favourite is the Sleek Power Pump Lip Crayon. This is in the shade Notorious Nude and is that gorgeous pink toned nude that really suits my skin tone along with my dark hair. What I love about this is that its really creamy and pigmented and keeps my lips hydrated all day which really is a need for me. This is also a plumping product- as you could probably guess by the name! This tingles for at least 2-3 hours after application and really does give my lips a little plump. Its also worth mentioning that the smell isn't very strong either as I hate that minty sort of smell that usually comes with these sort of products!


Finally I just had to mention a Makeup Revolution product this being the Lip Lava in the shade Forgiven. This is a similar product to the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks as the applicator is the same idea. Unfortunately mine broke so I now have to apply this straight from the tube with a brush but I don't mind! What I love most about this has to be the colour! If Velvet Teddy sorta' shades are your thing then give this a go! Its a perfect peach toned nude- and did I mention its also a liquid lipstick? Its finish isn't matte but more of a hydrating demi-matte finish.


Do you have any drugstore lip recommendations?

Paige, x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a great collection of drugstore nude lipsticks! I'm the same as you - usually I don't bother with drugstore lip products as I find my MAC ones just slay - but there are some good ones I must be missing out on! I own a few Rimmel lipsticks and am blown away by their quality. I think i'll have to hunt down some of these products (particularly the freedom lipgloss). A drugstore lipstick I am loving at the moment is the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour in the shade "devotion" - it's a liquid lipstick which feels really comfortable to wear and is such a pretty colour. Great post Paige!
    Holly x | http://www.thechroniclesofholly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove kate moss lipsticks! The lip lava looks lovely too xo

    ReplyDelete

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig