Tuesday, August 23

Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Highlighter

Are you really surprised that this is on my blog? I mean 1. its Makeup Revolution 2. its a highlighter and 3. ITS ROSE GOLD. 

When I seen this announced on their Instagram I didn't really feel like I needed it yet somehow I managed to persuade Katie (blog here) to come to Superdrug with me just for a "browse".. yeah right!  I swatched this and immediately fell in love.


Firstly Makeup Revolution highlighters are some of my favourites. Their cheap, pigmented and the colour selection is amazing.. I mean whats not to love? 

This is the Vivid Baked Highlighter in the shade Rose Gold Lights. I have a few of these and absolutely love them. This cost me £3 which is incredible- I'd honestly rather own all the shades than 1 highlighter from Laura Mercier or Bobbi Brown. They are THAT good. 


This is the shade Rose Gold Lights and as you can see its such a gorgeous pink with gold running throughout. If you like the NARS Orgasm blush then I'd definitely try this out. I personally wear this as a highlighter and blusher in one and it creates the most stunning and girly look. 

This is also incredibly pigmented and the swatch down below is only one swipe of the product. While its great that its pigmented you might be a little scared off however don't worry- just dust a fan brush into it and it applies lightly but still giving that killer glow. However I like to go in with a more denser brush and make sure I get that wow effect; like I said I wear it as a blush too so I feel like that allows me to apply more and wear this to its full potential. 

I also dust this over the tip of my nose and cupids bow and it still looks great, for some reason the pink doesn't really come through in those places which makes it way more wearable.


This lasts all day too and if you apply your setting spray and then apply this it just makes it glow even more. 

I can't forget to mention the formula as its one of my favourites. Its not chalky in the slightest but is smooth and extremely buttery. I also use this as an eyeshadow- especially if I'm creating a halo eye and I place this in the centre. It works incredible when used wet and also has no fallout either!


I'm so in love with this and can't wait to share it with you more!

Paige, x



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I got this one too and fell in love! Never tried it as an eyeshadow, might be so beautiful! :)

    thisissimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL. What I love about UK drugstore brands is that they have such a wide range of quality products. Will have to pick this up on my next trip to the UK! x

    ReplyDelete

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig