Sunday, May 31

A treat from MAC

Last month I completed my first year at University (or so I hope!!) so I convinced myself this would be a good reason for me to treat myself to some new make up goodies.

I've been lusting after the Face and Body foundation for so long and after Sarah -blog here- told me about the Findation website where you can find your shade without actually having to go into a shop, I decided to purchase it. After browsing on Pinterest I made a spur of the moment decision to get the ever famous Paint Pot in Painterly. I love cream eye shadows but as most of mine are a foil finish I wanted something that dried matte. I also wanted a sort of skin colour shade but slightly more white/ cream if that makes any sense. 











As I've mentioned before my skin is so dry and nothing ever seems to make it any better. Matte foundations aren't for me and after constantly hearing good things about this Face and Body foundation I finally decided to treat myself and pick it up. I got this in the shade C3 and its perfect, its a bit on the tan side which is great as it provides some warmth to my complexion but its not too dark that it doesn't match my body. 

This foundation is so dewy and glowy and it makes my skin look better than any foundation ever has done. Its extremely runny which is why its always best to shake before use. It blends so well into the skin and as you can see from the swatch its very light coverage, I personally prefer two layers however I mainly apply the second layer to areas were I feel I need more coverage such as my cheeks and forehead. All that's left to say is that I absolutely love this foundation and can see myself repurchasing it again and again.






As this product was a spur of the moment purchase I was very excited for this to arrive, after looking at swatches I was mentally creating eye looks in my head that I could soon recreate. When it came it looked absolutely gorgeous however when I swatched it it appeared quite orange/ brown and I was so disappointed. Although saying this it wasn't the actual product that I didn't like, just the colour. It was so creamy and blendable and when it dried matte it was a soft finish and wasn't dry and didn't crack.

I thought I would try to make this work somehow and to my surprise when I applied it on my eyes it came out completely different to when I swatched it. It was the exact colour I was hoping for and I felt so relieved. I used a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush and placed it all over my lid and blended. The first thing I noticed was how easily it applied, as its cream it just glided over my skin and hardly took any time to blend. I used MAC's Mulch in my crease and my eye make up was complete. I felt like this was such a gorgeous, put together look and it seemed like I had took so much time and thought into doing it when it only took me 2 minutes! 

Paige, x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig