Tuesday, December 22

Cheap Treat Tuesday // NYX High Voltage Lipstick

NYX is another brand which I really should try more of. After watching Shaaanxo's lip swatch video about these NYX high voltage lipsticks they looked so amazing I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. 

I originally purchased 2; Stone and Flutter Kiss from Boots.com however they messed up my order yet again and I only ended up getting Flutter Kiss. After getting over the original disappointment I'm so impressed with the shade Flutter Kiss.




This lipstick is nothing like I've ever tried before, its so creamy yet doesn't wear off as easy as other lipsticks do. Its so incredibly pigmented too so one quick glide across your lips and your ready to go. This lipstick is also very moisturising and hides all those annoying cracks or lines in your lips. It also appears very light to wear and almost like you forget your wearing it.

As for the packaging I initially really liked it, it was sleek yet with its clear top you could easily see what shade you were grabbing. However the lid always seems to fall off which constantly makes me nervous to put it in my makeup bag. When actually putting the lid back on the lipstick actually manages to spread all over the inside of the lid which isn't great! 



In the tube the shade is quite a mauvey pinky brown colour however when on my lips it has more of a bubble gum pink undertone. In some lights it looks mauve, some bubble gum pink and then sometimes even purple. This is something I would of never opted to go for if I had known it would look like this on my lips but after trying it I love it! I get so many compliments on this lipstick every time I wear it. 

Paige, x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig