Sunday, November 13

L'Oreal True Match Foundation | Review

It's literally been the longest time since I've done a foundation review on my blog, I sometimes do first impressions or mention them in a monthly favourites but other than that you don't see me talk about them very much. 

If you could see my foundation draw you'd think I have serious problems, it's like 15 foundations and counting.. and here's another to add to that collection. 


The reason I picked this up was because I'm running low on my 'every day' foundations and needed something that would look good on my really bad skin. I don't know if its because its getting cold or my diets changed or even if its because I've changed up my skincare routine but the state my skin is in is just ridiculous. 

When I swatched this on the back of my hand in Superdrug I was amazed at how flawless it looked. I'm aware this is quite a popular foundation, especially in the online beauty community but it had never stuck out to me. I decided to pick it up and I ended up getting the shade 3.R/ 3.C Rose Beige which is a pretty perfect match and if anything is a little too light. 



I first used this over the top of the MUA Skin Define Hydro Primer- which there will be a review coming up in the next few weeks! The primer is a gel like consistency and I really liked it, the foundation went on so smoothly over the top and I was really impressed. However throughout the day, even though I'd powdered, it looked like it was just sliding around and was very greasy looking. If I was to touch my face most of it would come off and it would feel disgusting. 

I thought I would try it again with a different primer underneath, so I opted for the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser to smooth out my base. I then dotted the foundation on my face and went in with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge instead of a round top kabuki brush and this worked perfectly. Again the appearance of it looked super smooth and I also used a smaller amount with the beauty sponge. This way worked and looked SO much better! It was so flawless and smooth looking all day and didn't look greasy at all!


As for the foundation itself I'd describe it as medium coverage and very blendable. Although it doesn't contain any form of shimmer, which I prefer, this is extremely luminous which I think will be great for this time of year. So far it hasn't stuck too any dry patches or looks cakey in any areas so this is definitely a thumbs up from me! 

Paige, x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig