Sunday, August 7

MAC shadows for £3? | W7 Naughty Nines Palette Review

You all know how much I'm loving drugstore makeup right now so when I found this eyeshadow palette for £3.00 I just couldn't  resist. I found this in my local TJ Hughes where they stock loads of W7 makeup. I've actually tried a lot of W7 makeup and reviewed it in an eBay haul video here if you fancy taking a peak at what else they have to offer. 



I first spotted this and instantly thought of the MAC x9 palettes that they released not that long ago and thought that this could potentially be a good dupe to try. I wasn't too sure and thought do I really NEED this?! That was until I swatches it and omg the pigmentation, especially of the shimmer shadows was incredible. I don't have any purple toned eyeshadows in my collection so I thought this was also a good excuse to try something new, plus it will be amazing for Autumn/ Winter time. 



Firstly let's talk about the packaging; it's just like the MAC one to be fair and it's really good quality. Usually with budget friendly makeup brands the packaging tends to fall apart however I can't see this happening with this! This is also very sleek and compact making it great for taking it travelling and I also like that you can see the shadows as it makes it super easy to find when routing through all my palettes. Of course this does have the W7 logo on the front but it's not tacky looking or anything like that. 



Now let's get onto the good stuff - the shadows! With the main ingredient being Talc you would assume these would be incredibly chalky, not pigmented and have lots of fallout however this couldn't be more wrong! Yes they are a little powdery but the formula is actually very similar to the Kat Von D shade and light eye palette. They also don't have any fallout either and are quite finely pulled for the price point. But let's talk about the pigmentation for a second; these are amazing! Personally I think there also way better than MAC's formula too which is saying something! As you can see from the swatches the colour pay off is definitely all there and those shimmer shades.. well what can I say?! 




I really love this palette so I can't wait to create some looks with this and incorporate it into my going out and Autumn makeup routine! I'm also 100% going to be picking up the more neutral palette too! 

Paige, x 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks beautiful, I love all the shades!

    xx, The Makeup Feed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aesthetic of it, but the swatches don't look as vibrant as I'm used to.

    thisissimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig