Sunday, May 22

Disappointing Makeup Products

On my channel I did a video talking about products that I personally didn't think were worth the hype however I felt like I still had products that although they weren't necessarily hyped about they were really dissapointing!



Bourjois City Radiance Foundation

I originally reviewed this here however after using it a few more times I decided that I was actually really disappointed by it. As you can see from the swatch it looks so glowy however on my skin after about 5-10 minutes it looks so dull and patchy. Overall I'm just disappointed at the price of this compared to what its actually like. I'm also disappointed as I love the concealer from the radiance range as I mentioned in my last post!

Too Faced Love Flush Blusher - Love Hangover

Even though this is only sample size I did actually pay for this in a set just like I paid for every product mentioned today. Its not necessarily the product itself that I'm disappointed by its the size of it and the colour. When I first got this I thought it was a joke and even laughed about it when I showed it in my What I got for christmas video. The colour is so bright and pink and just overall doesn't suit me.

No7 Rapid Radiance Balm

When I attended a No7 event this looked amazing but it personally doesn't do anything for me. I've tried it under foundation and even over the top on my cheek bones and I get nothing from it. I also notice this breaks me out and not many products do so hence why this is a disappointment. 



NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - French Fries & Rust

I was SO excited to try these after hearing so many people talk about them. I picked up these two gorgeous shades; French Fries which is a shimmery tan/brown shade and Rust which is a browny burgundy colour that matches perfect with Amaretto in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. However what disappoints me about these is that when they're used on their own either on the lid or waterline they smudge and transfer so bad. I initially wanted to use these for nights out however Id be conscious of them smudging all night. 



Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Moonstone

This again being another sample I purchased in a Becca best sellers kit. This is really beautiful but its nothing special and hardly pigmented. As I use a fan brush it doesn't really pick up too much product so I usually have to dip into the highlighter I'm using 2 or 3 times however with this I just get nothing from it! I love my Makeup Revolution highlighters SO much more!

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector - Opal

As for this product what didn't disappoint me? The colour is an awful sort of yellowy champagne shade that really doesn't suit my skin tone and makes me look ill. When its blended out it doesn't make me look glowy or highlighted it just makes me look greasy. It also has quite a weird smell to it too, I just really wasn't impressed with this.

Paige, x









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig